Asphalt Mix Design and Quality Control Software Management System
StonemontQC includes powerful asphalt mix design and quality control features for asphalt producers. StonemontQC aggregate and asphalt capabilities are completely integrated thus allowing mix component properties to be easily updated or substituted from aggregate plants. Our desktop, server, enterprise, and hosted software solutions easily scale from the single plant operators to the largest producers. Our server, enterprise, and hosted editions are centrally managed for real-time analysis and reporting. Automated features include email alerts on quality failures and automatic data analysis and reports that can be generated and emailed daily, weekly, or monthly. Automated analysis and reporting saves time and money by allowing quality managers to focus on quality rather than spending hours to compile reports for sales and operations personnel.
Asphalt Mix Design
StonemontQC has many features to facilitate development of asphalt mixtures including support for Superpave, Marshall, and Hveem design methods. Aggregate mix components can be easily updated or substituted in all mixes because of the tight integration between asphalt mixes and aggregate products. Asphalt mix design capability is summarized below:
- Supports design methodology for Superpave, Marshall, Hveem and required test methods
- Create multiple trial and final mixes
- Drag and drop mix components to build mixes quickly
- Mix component substitution
- Aggregate blending optimization using the automated blending tools like blend to minimum price, blend to target, blend to mid-spec, or blend to max density.
- Powerful drag and drop visual blending tools for semi-log sieve charts or power 45 charts.
- Risk analysis
- Lab batching
- Bailey blending method
- Volumetric charts
- Submittal reports
- Cold Feed, Cold Bin, Hot Bin profiles for data entry.
Simplify Asphalt Mix Sample Data Entry
StonemontQC provides all levels of users a consistent data entry interface, insuring reliable data entry for every plant and/or lab recording asphalt mix quality data. The intuitive layout of the data-entry forms allow for quick and efficient recording of test results. Your technicians can be entering data within minutes. Advantages of StonemontQC Mix Sample Data Entry Include:
- User Friendly and Intuitive Interface Streamlined data entry process for individual states and provinces…
- Support for North American and European Union aggregate and Asphalt related test methods
- Automated data entry from lab balances
- Automatic email alerts on sample failures
- Immediate visual notification of test result failures, evaluated against a specification or target.
- Data Validation
- Evaluates results against multiple specifications
- Robust security Features to limit and control use of the data entry form
- Controlled values for sample identification (i.e. Sample Types, Sample Methods, controlled product list)
- Ability to mark gradation, and worksheets as completed
- Attach external documents to samples
- Record process variable results and associate with quality information
- Associate customer and job information
- Record lot/sublot/coordinates and related identification information
- Gradation Results, quality test Results, process results and worksheets
- Find incomplete tests using the incomplete test search tool
- Worksheet support for Marshall, Superpave, Hveem, and EU test methods
- Specific volumetric worksheet support for States AR, CT, DE, FL, KY, MA, MD, MI, OK, PA, NY, RI, VA, and WI; Provinces ON.
- Record cold feed, cold bin, and hot bin blended samples
- Ability to differentiate variations in mixes associated with a single product
- Ability to automatically post lab batch samples back to a final or trial mix design
- Support for both plant samples and field samples
Powerful and Quick Analysis
StonemontQC provides several different analysis tools all designed to provide you unique and detailed analysis of product results. Many of the analysis tools are available from the “Quick Tool Bar” icons that provide your technicians easy access to powerful statistical summary and charting tools. These can be used to assess the performance of current results against historical data, and detect potential issues before they become customer problems. In addition, generating any of the analysis types is simple, because the search form used to find data for various analysis tools is intuitive, simple to learn, and is consistent among similar tools. Some frequently used tools are listed below:
- Statistical Summaries – Provides a tabular summary of asphalt mix gradation, quality, process and other types of results
- Histograms, Normal Plots – Provides distribution analysis, and testing of normality of results
- Semi-Log, Power 45, and Individual Retained Charts – Simple charts showing the entire gradation of product sieve results
- Run Charts, Time-Series Charts – Allows for detection and analysis of trends.
- Multi-variable Charts – Compare multiple variables on one chart such as air void content and the percentage of fines in a mix .
- Correlation Charts – Discover relationships between different variables (gradation, quality, processing results).
- Control Charts, Cusum Charts – Robust charts to detect changes in process mean, and / or trends in data.
- Frequency Charts, Frequency Analysis – Used to assess if a product is meeting sampling frequency requirements
- Optimized Blending – Create and test aggregate blends using automated and visual blending tools.
- Mix Risk – monte-carlo simulation to evaluate risk before the mix goes into production.
- Product Search Tool – Enter a specification and find all products that meet that specification at selected plants.
StonemontQC provides many different professional reports, including support for several state DOT reporting requirements. The integrated support for multiple state DOT reporting requirements is key to improving staff efficiency by reducing double-entry and hence data entry errors. Reports are organized into the following sections:
- Aggregate Reports – Individual aggregate sample reports at a selected plant
- Asphalt Reports – Individual asphalt mix sample reports at a selected plant
- Product Reports- Statistical summaries of one or multiple products at a selected plant.
- Plant Reports – Statistical summaries of multiple products at one or multiple plants including key performance indicator reports. Also contains plant note and tonnage reports.
- Customer Reports – Individual sample reports for which customer and job information have been assigned.
- Incident Reports – Individual and summary customer or internal incident reports.
- Setup Reports – Displays basic and detailed aggregate product setup information at a plant.
- Agency Reports – Support for specific DOT Lot and/or Mix Design Submittal reports for CA, FL, KY, MI, NY, PA, WI.
- Auto Reports – Reports and analysis that can be automatically generated and emailed hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.
Leverage the Power of Integrated Applications
StonemontQC is a tightly integrated application that allows users to manage all aspects of aggregate, asphalt, and concrete quality control mix design information. Asphalt mix component properties can be easily updated and pushed down to all mixes that use that component. Alternatively, asphalt mix components can be quickly substituted in all appropriate mixes.
The Whole Quality Picture
In addition to managing asphalt sample results and mix designs, StonemontQC provides additional tools that provide you and your organization a total picture of quality. You can create and mange customer incidents at plants using the customer incident data entry form and the related customer incident reports. You can record daily plant notes, which serve as an electronic journal of activities at the plant. Plant notes are not limited to quality personnel but can be used by all plant personnel so that all plant activities are recorded in a single place. You can record tons produced and shipped for either products or plants and then use this information for sampling frequency analysis. Enterprise/hosted customers also enjoy the additional benefit of Automatic Reports, Analysis, and Evaluation tools. These tools are used to automatically generate reports and charts daily, weekly, or monthly and optionally automatically emailed to quality, sales, and operations staff and customers. All the work is done for you.
To schedule a web demonstration please use the form at the bottom of this page or call us at 970-674-1148.
Visit our licensing page.
Note: Not all features listed are present in all editions.Back to Top